Thursday, June 17, 2010

I found $10 - What more could I ask for?

June 17th's Unemployment Highlights
1- I slept until 10:30 am
2- I packed sandwiches for lunch and Chaco and I met Selena and Finn at the park
3- The "unemployment fairy" showered me with essential gifts [toilet paper, toothpaste, shampoo, soap, razors, laundry detergent, deodorant - things that benefit the fairy as much as they benefit me!]
4- Meredith stopped by just to make sure I'm ok
5- I cleaned out my car and found $10

Part of the trauma of losing my job comes in the form of having to move because I can't afford my condo anymore. I'm moving to the other side of Banner Elk which will lengthen my commute to class, as well as increase my gas costs! The great news, though, is that I'll be close to Selena and Christina, and that my sweet dog will get to run around in the Christmas tree farm in front of my "cabbage cellar", The Roost . Since I move in 2 weeks, I'm going to pack up a few things in my kitchen. The kitchen is the easy part, so I should save it until the end. But I'm a sucker for progress when moving, so I'll need this little boost as motivation.


I'm looking for jobs these days, you know. So if you hear of anything in the following areas, give me a shout! Residence Life, Campus Life, Career Development, or Alumni Affairs (at ASU of course!).

K, I'm off to write my personal philosophy on Student Development, Student Leadership, Diversity and Social Justice. Gotta love a job listing that requires that!!!!! Does anyone have a connection in Boulder?!

2 comments:

  1. Megan,

    Just like you're a sucker for progress when you move, I'm a sucker for blogs. I just hate that you have to write this one. The whole situation sucks. I hope it's cathartic, though, and I'll be reading. :)

    I'm commenting mostly b/c of the ref to Boulder. What do you need? Amanda and Sean McAndrew are there. You know that, right?

    Good luck, lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart you! You know the Choade is gone and there's a position opening up in ResLife there...check it out!

    LOVE

    ReplyDelete